Documents Needed to Apply for a VA Home Loan
The most important thing to understand is that the
loan approval process is 100% dependant on documentation. To insure an easy VA mortgage transaction,
it is imperative that you have all of your documents gathered prior to you initial loan
application. Following is a list of all the documents you will need. Please feel free
print this screen and use this as a checklist.
VA Eligibility Information
- Most recent two years complete tax returns with all schedules.
- Most recent two years W-2's, 1099's, etc.
- Most recent pay stubs covering one month period.
- If Applicable: Self-Employed will need Three years Tax Returns and
YTD Profit & Loss Statement.
- Most recent three months complete bank statements for any and all
accounts with all pages.
- Most recent statement from retirement, 401k, mutual funds, money
market, stocks, etc.
- Most recent statements from your bills, indicating minimum payments
and account numbers.
- Name, Address, and Phone number of your landlord, or 12 months
cancelled rent checks.
- If Applicable: Should you have no credit. Copies or your most recent
utility bills will be needed.
- If Applicable: Copy of complete Bankruptcy and Discharge Papers.
- If Applicable: If you co-signed for a mortgage, car, credit card,
etc, need 12 months cancelled checks. front and rear, indicating you are not making
- Copy of Drivers License.
- Copy of Social Security Card.
- If Applicable: Copy of complete Divorce, Palimony, Alimony
- If Applicable: Copy of Green Card or Work Permit.
- If Applicable: If you own another home(s) - see below
If a Refinance or you own Rental Property
- Copy of Note Deed from current loan.
- Copy of Property Tax Bill.
- Copy of Hazard (homeowners) Insurance Policy.
- Copy of Payment Coupon for current Mortgage.
- If Applicable: If property is multi-unit, need Rental Agreements.
Additional documents may be needed upon review of your file and on a
case-by-case scenario. Once you have applied for your mortgage and the lender has received
your documents, additional documents may be requested.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us or